New Building 10 (new build)
I am delighted to announce that our new building plans have received approval from the Anglican Schools Commission. We are now on track to begin building mid-2022, for occupation in late-2023.
Building 10 has been orientated to take advantage of the sweeping views across the lake and the hills beyond. The building will be light, bright and airy with extensive use of glass.
A large outdoor amphitheatre will be adjacent to the building, overlooking the lake. This will be a wonderful area for students and staff to access throughout the day.
Building 10 will be a three-storey building for use by all students and staff and will be situated between Building 6 and Building 7. It will extend westwards (halfway into the current footprint of Building 6A) and eastwards (almost level with the back of Building 6). Building 6A will be completely removed (currently Secondary Art, Music, Italian etc).
Building 10 will predominantly be a precinct for Humanities, English, Languages and Creative Arts. It will include:
- Resource Centre (Library) PK-12 (ground floor, significantly larger than current)
- 9 General Classrooms
- 5 Specialist Classrooms: Textiles, Art (including kiln), Media, 2 x IT Laboratories
- Year 12 Private Study Room
- Secondary Pastoral Care/Wellbeing Hub (Psychologist, Heads of Secondary, Year Level Coordinators)
- Secondary Student Services
- Student Bathrooms
- Meeting Rooms
- Staff Bathrooms
- Offices for Principal and Deputy Principal
- Undercover outdoor seating area for students